JDL is a trading name of John Deacon. I provided IT and security services.
I specialized in training
and consulting in object-oriented and
distributed technologies for over 25 years with an aim of:
- successfully mastering and adopting object technology;
- mastering software engineering methods, notations and CASE tools such that they serve a project, rather than intrude upon or end up dominating a project;
- choosing an implementation language and infrastructure -- my
usual list of candidates being Java, Smalltalk, C++ and CORBA;
- understanding and working with the strengths, weaknesses and
dangers of the chosen technologies;
- solidly establishing the considerations, techniques and forces
that drive object design;
- establishing the distribution strategy (including the possibility
of no distribution at all);
- achieving location, language and operating system transparency
with Enterprise Java (J2EE), CORBA or CORBA/DCOM bridging, as
- establishing the strategy and tactics for achieving any required
I worked with all manner of systems. Much of my work was with the high-energy physics, astronomy and Grid computing
I was one of the founders of Matrice
(formerly Lattice Limited), through which we delivered training for businesses.
Apart from occasional consulting, I have now retired.
Information about matters other than training and mentoring, including
Analysis and Design), book support and resources (such as a UML guide), is over at www.johndeacon.net
[ Training | Consulting | Contact Details |
Briefings | Downloads | Site Map ]
Website development by Richard Daley Associates
|John Deacon, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associated Web Sites
This is the web site for books I have written or am writing, and for other non-training-course activities.
A training cooperative I helped found along with Richard Daley and Ralph Hodgson. Matrice has been delivering software engineering courses, and consulting and mentoring services for fifteen years. We are not a "front-end" marketing company farming out work to any old trainer; the training is carried out by the principals of Matrice - Richard, Ralph and myself.
(Matrice used to be known as (and was formed as) Lattice Limited but a gas company was keen to buy the name and we happily sold it to them.)
A local cooperative my wife co-founded and who I help out with web site design. We are keen on, and encourage, small, local businesses and traders. Our little community has locksmiths, carpenters, landscape gardeners, textile furnishers, web designers and possibly others by the time you read this.
One of the aforementioned community businesses.
Another of the local businesses of the cooperative.
One a bit further afield.
And one closer to home.
Nine Elms Locksmith
The newest of the businesses local to our cooperative.
Richard Daley Associates
In addition to his work with Matrice, Richard has another activity — compiler writing.
RDA Hosting host our web sites.