Fixed wiring testing is the inspection and test of the permanent electrical systems (circuits) within your premises. It is an electrical inspection and test carried out to ascertain if there are any faults present within the fixed electrical installation and also to check that the electrical installation complies with current electrical legislation.
JDL carry out Electrical installation condition reports (EICR’s) to BS7671 IEE (IET) Wiring Regulations standards. All of our electricians have completed the 2391 electrical inspection and testing qualification and are experienced in the inspection and testing of commercial, industrial and domestic premises.
First and foremost we will liaise with you as to the purpose for the EICR and ascertain the extent of inspection and testing to be carried out. It is our aim to minimise disruption to your premises whilst at the same time provide a thorough and professional electrical testing service.
The routine inspection and testing of your fixed electrical installation, ensures compliance under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987. EICR’s are also a common requirement for business and public premises insurance.
What does the Electrical inspection condition report include?
The whole electrical installation will have a visual inspection to find any defect, miss used or non-complying accessories. Also the following test procedures are applied where appropriate, in order to ascertain the safety of electrical installation:
- Continuity – to ensure that the earthing conductors are continuous throughout the circuits.
- Bonding Conductors Continuity – to ensure bonding is in place and effective.
- Ring Circuit Continuity – to ensure whether or not the ring main conductors are complete.
- Insulation Resistance – to test whether there has been any breakdown in insulation to the installation.
- Polarity – to check that the installation is correctly terminated.
- Earth Fault Loop Impedance – to check the resistance of the earth fault loop path of each circuit.
- RCD testing – to check that the Residual Current Devices disconnect the supply within the appropriate time in the event of a fault.
- Functional testing – to ensure that the item of equipment work in the correct manner and all isolators disconnect the supply.
Upon completion of the electrical testing, a detailed printed NICEIC EICR is supplied containing the following certification:
- Guidance Notes for recipients.
- Schedule of Inspection and Schedule of Test Results.
- Quotation/ estimate for any rectification works required.
If the electrical installation has any faults, they will be listed under the section of observations and recommendations and will be given one of the following codes:
- Code one – Danger present
- Code two – Potentially dangerous
- Code three – Requires improvement
Although we are pleased to carry out any remedial work required, you are free to choose to have the work completed by a qualified third party.
Please find the information below on how long the IEE recommends the maximum time between EICR’s:
- Commercial premises – max 5 years
- Industrial premises – max 3 years
- Hotels and Public Houses – max 5 years
- Shops and Offices – max 5 years
- Domestic – max 10 years or at change of occupancy
- Residential – max 5 years or at change of occupancy
- Launderettes – max 1 year
- Community Centres/Village Halls – max 5 years
- Churches – max 5 years
- Educational premises – max 5 years
- Places of public entertainment and theatres – max 3 years
- Leisure complexes (excluding swimming pools) – max 3 years
- Swimming Pools – max 1 year
- Construction site/temporary installations – every 3 months
JDL offer a maintenance package to all our commercial customers, this package can include EICR’s, fire alarm service inspection and test, emergency lighting service inspection and test, portable appliance testing, reduced call out charges, emergency 24/7 contact number and security alarm service. Our aim is to make your electrical problems a thing of the past through regular maintenance and control the inspection and tests so that you have all the appropriate certification at all times. Leaving you with less down time and no hassle of remembering what certificates you need and when it is due. As we know all of our clients have different requirements and therefore we can tailor make any package to suit your individual needs.
For more information please contact a member of the team.
Highly recommended services, contact us today for a free quotation...