At JDL we can carry out full rewires of your student let HMO properties and you can be assured that all the guidelines for a HMO property will be met.
We have carried out numerous rewires during refurbishment works and extensions of HMO properties. Once the property has been completed it is important that you have it maintained and inspected as per the HMO guidelines. Please contact one of the team to arrange a maintenance package for each HMO property you own.
Additional HMO Information
What is a HMO and which HMOs need a licence?
2 or less occupants – Not HMO – No licence
3 or 4 occupants – HMO – No licence
5 or more occupants on 2 or less storeys – HMO – No licence
5 or more occupants on 3 or more storeys – HMO – Licence
A storey is one level. This includes a habitable basement or attic conversion
HMO Electrical safety
Legal and Code of Practice requirements
- Electrical installation condition report required every 5 years
- Emergency lighting must be provided on escape routes
- Emergency lighting must be inspected and tested annually
- All electrical equipment provided must be PAT tested every 2 years
- A visual inspection is required at the start of every academic year
- 4 sockets to be installed in all bedrooms and study’s
- Fire risk assessment must be carried out
- Fire alarms must be installed to BS 5839 grade 6 part D
- Fire alarms must be mains powered and interlinked
Highly recommended services, contact us today for a free quotation...